Kenny Slaught is the founder and president of Investec Real Estate Companies, a prestigious real estate management firm located in Santa Barbara, California. After graduating from the University of California, Santa Barbara with a bachelor’s degree in business and economics, Kenny Slaught earned his California Real Estate Broker’s license and founded Investec in 1983. Since then, the company has grown to include more than 3 million square feet of coastal California apartment, office, retail, and self-storage properties.
Under the leadership of Kenneth Slaught, Investec currently employs 40 individuals and oversees more than $1 billion in real estate assets throughout Southern California. Accredited by the Institute of Real Estate Management and a longtime member of the International Council of Shopping Centers, the company also belongs to the Santa Barbara Rental Property Association and is listed in the Better Business Bureau of Tri Counties. Currently, Investec stands as the largest real estate management company in Santa Barbara.
For more than 25 years, Kenny Slaught has held leadership positions in nonprofit organizations in Santa Barbara and beyond. He is a board member at the Storyteller Children’s Center, a charitable organization dedicated to improving quality of life for children experiencing homelessness. He has also spent the better part of 20 years on the board of the Dream Foundation, which fulfills final wishes for adults with terminal illnesses. A member of the UCSB Foundation board of trustees, Kenny Slaught formerly served on the board of the Santa Barbara Hospice Foundation.
In his free time, Kenny Slaught enjoys playing basketball, and hiking in the mountains.
- Kenny Slaught Uses Blog To Promote Hospice Of Santa Barbara’s Grief Services Program - Kenny Slaught notes that Hospice of Santa Barbara offers a variety of services to benefit individuals facing terminal and chronic illness, in addition to their families. Many of the initiatives at the organization serve the needs of children struggling with the impending or recent passing of a loved one. Nearly 20 percent of children experience … More Kenny Slaught Uses Blog To Promote Hospice Of Santa Barbara’s Grief Services Program
- Kenny Slaught Promotes Hospice Of Santa Barbara Mentorship Services - Kenny Slaught notes that Hospice of Santa Barbara offers a variety of services not just for individuals facing terminal and chronic illness, but also to their families. Many of the programs at the organization serve the needs of children struggling with the impending or recent passing of a loved one. Nearly 20 percent of children … More Kenny Slaught Promotes Hospice Of Santa Barbara Mentorship Services
- Slaught Notes Immediate Attention Given To Community Needs - Santa Barbara’s civic leaders, business professionals, and residents maintain a widespread commitment to philanthropy, notes Kenny Slaught. The city’s long-running history of nonprofit activity and generous giving can be seen today through numerous charities, volunteer organizations and community initiatives keeping alive a tradition which dates back to 1928 with the creation of the Santa Barbara … More Slaught Notes Immediate Attention Given To Community Needs
- Kenny Slaught Discusses Startup Funding In Santa Barbara - Aside from a sought after tourist destination, Santa Barbara has presently become a center for young and developing businesses, said Kenny Slaught. Dozens of promising, new companies have been founded in recent years, and many, including AppScale, LastLine, TrackR, and Salty Girl Seafood, have come directly out of the University of California Santa Barbara. With … More Kenny Slaught Discusses Startup Funding In Santa Barbara
- Kenny Slaught, Real Estate Developer – Discusses the Architectural Works of Art in Santa Barbara - Nearly 100 years ago, famous architect George Washington Smith, inspired the California movement known as the Spanish Colonial revival. Smith was a man who dropped out of Harvard to eventually work as a bond trader. Once Smith became a successful businessman, he moved to Santa Barbara area anticipating a relaxing lifestyle and planning to work … More Kenny Slaught, Real Estate Developer – Discusses the Architectural Works of Art in Santa Barbara