Kenny Slaught is the founder and president of Investec Real Estate Companies, a prestigious real estate management firm located in Santa Barbara, California. After graduating from the University of California, Santa Barbara with a bachelor’s degree in business and economics, Kenny Slaught earned his California Real Estate Broker’s license and founded Investec in 1983. Since then, the company has grown to include more than 3 million square feet of coastal California apartment, office, retail, and self-storage properties.
Under the leadership of Kenneth Slaught, Investec currently employs 40 individuals and oversees more than $1 billion in real estate assets throughout Southern California. Accredited by the Institute of Real Estate Management and a longtime member of the International Council of Shopping Centers, the company also belongs to the Santa Barbara Rental Property Association and is listed in the Better Business Bureau of Tri Counties. Currently, Investec stands as the largest real estate management company in Santa Barbara.
For more than 25 years, Kenny Slaught has held leadership positions in nonprofit organizations in Santa Barbara and beyond. He is a board member at the Storyteller Children’s Center, a charitable organization dedicated to improving quality of life for children experiencing homelessness. He has also spent the better part of 20 years on the board of the Dream Foundation, which fulfills final wishes for adults with terminal illnesses. A member of the UCSB Foundation board of trustees, Kenny Slaught formerly served on the board of the Santa Barbara Hospice Foundation.
In his free time, Kenny Slaught enjoys playing basketball, and hiking in the mountains.
- Kenny Slaught Notes Workflow Automation Services Benefitting Real Estate Industry - Firms offering multiple online collaborations and, notes Kenny Slaught, more workflow automation are increasing in popularity, largely because they provide prompt access to accurate and concise data and information. New intuitive software and mobile apps, explains Slaught, give investors and developers a greater selection of lending and borrowing paths across a variety of real estate … More Kenny Slaught Notes Workflow Automation Services Benefitting Real Estate Industry
- Kenny Slaught On Benefits Of Expanding Global Health Research - “These grants are meant to spur on new discoveries that could ultimately save millions of lives,” exclaimed Chris Wilson, director of Global Health Discovery with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. “GCE winners are expanding the pipeline of ideas for serious global health and development challenges where creative thinking is most urgently needed.” Where human … More Kenny Slaught On Benefits Of Expanding Global Health Research
- Kenny Slaught Notes Research Conducted With Gates Grant Money - UCSB’s Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology professor David Low, will pursue a progressive global health and development research project called “Strategy for development of enteric pathogen-specific phage”. Low’s research, notes Kenny Slaught, focuses on a new way to deal with prominent bacterial pathogens that are becoming resistant to many powerful antibiotics. Low will … More Kenny Slaught Notes Research Conducted With Gates Grant Money
- Kenny Slaught Lists Gaviota Gorge Tunnel and Burton Mound As Must See Sites of Santa Barbara - Declared to gather some of the foremost archaeological proof in the state of California, Burton Mound is an ancient indigenous village which was discovered in 1542 by navigator and explorer Juan Rodriguez Cabrillo, first European to set foot on current California. “It is said that native population died in the early 19th century from several … More Kenny Slaught Lists Gaviota Gorge Tunnel and Burton Mound As Must See Sites of Santa Barbara
- Kenny Slaught Promotes Mission Of Santa Barbara Bowl Foundation - The annual symposium allows teachers, musicians, philanthropists, and local not-for-profits to meet with students and members of the community to discuss the state of arts education in Santa Barbara. These meetings provide the foundation for creating better, more focused programs in the future. Additional educational outreach initiatives include collecting instruments for students in need, grant … More Kenny Slaught Promotes Mission Of Santa Barbara Bowl Foundation